By Pallavi Rudraraju,
Have you been worried that your kid crams all night to get good marks in exams? Do you feel that your child doesn’t do well in studies and does not have the right habits of learning? Here are a few quick tips for better and faster learning that will help your child to retrieve better during examinations.
As a student, months away from receiving a high school diploma, I feel like I have just the right balance of youth; yet modern experience in the current education system to offer you and your child successful learning tips. It is best to begin walking your child through these study habits once they begin their education, but any time is a good time to start with teaching learning routines for a happy, motivated student.
1. Select a time period during the day in which your child will learn and complete homework. Making a routine schedule is ideal for setting a habit and maximizing your child’s focus.
-It might be best to ask your child which time of the day they’d like to learn, but also consider the ideal time for you to be able to help them while determining a set study period for your child.
-If you have more than one child, try to keep study times similar, but allow more or less time for each child depending on individual learning pace or level of education.
-It is not a good idea to set study time right after school or right before bed as sleepiness or excitement might not allow your child to focus to the fullest extent of their abilities.
2. The length of time your child needs to complete schoolwork varies from child to child, along with the level of coursework. So, if your child needs more time, snacks and breaks then they are helpful to keep your child happy and focused.
3. Allow your child to work alone on homework, but help whenever he or she asks for it. Make sure your child does not become frustrated.
4. Always be patient with your child- if you are getting frustrated, perhaps, your child simply doesn’t comprehend the way in which you are trying to explain.
5. If you find for any reason you are unable to give your child time or help in certain subjects, look for a peer or even professional tutor that can simplify the process for your child.
The key to setting good study habits is to follow them regularly at scheduled intervals and maintain the happiness of your child to make sure he or she is engaged. As each child’s course load is different due to age, level, and understanding; it might take your child varying amounts of time to finish work. Nevertheless, if you allow study time to be fun, relaxing, and stimulating; you can guarantee that your child will enjoy studying while getting the best results out of it!
About the Author:
Pallavi Rudraraju is a student of 12th grade (High school) in Vienna, Virginia. She has a passion for singing and dancing on top of avid reading and writing – much of her time is occupied by singing in her school choirs and dancing Bharatanatyam under the tutelage of her long-time guru. She hopes to become an author and an English teacher following graduation from college. Starting this fall session, she will be attending The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. Bringing awareness and joy to people throughout the world, through writing, is her lifelong goal.
Learnhive is a leading provider of technology based learning solutions for K12 students, parents, and tutors. Our goal is to make curriculum based learning more effective and fun. We specialize in providing after school learning solutions for students and parents. Our flagship product, Personal Concept Tutor™ gives students the flexibility to learn concepts at their own pace using a wide variety of materials and resources suited for their individual needs. Our technology is compatible with multiple device formats such as desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones to make learning more fun, interactive and available to students anywhere and at anytime. Signup for free to access the learning materials (lessons and exercises).