By Tajinder Singh
I want to share how parents can get passionately involved and engaged in various sports and activities that their kids enjoy doing. This is a follow-up to my previous blog on ‘How involved are you in your kid’s education’
Here are some edutainment activities you can do with your kids – some we have enjoyed doing at home with our 2 kids, and there are others that I know, are avidly done by some of my friends and families. And often some friendly competition with your kids, in some of these activities, can spice up the excitement.
- Picture puzzle boards – you can get various difficulty levels for various age groups, plus there is a collective sense of achievement (and sometimes relief)
- Treasure hunt – good one to organize inside (or outside) your home. Sometimes include your neighbour’s kids and their house too!
- Building blocks – works well with kids in the 3-7 years age group.
- Plant an indoor house-plant – for the nature-inclined kids. A moneyplant is easy to grow and maintain.
- Wash your car or motorbike together on summer day – Usually anything with water is fun, and you have a shining car/bike at the end.
- Bead-work – Girls more inclined towards this and you can get the GrandMa involved too.
- Go on a bicycle ride with your kid(s) – Make sure there is enough open space or the side roads are not busy.
- Dance at home – find songs that you both like and the tune is easy to dance with. Exercise and have fun at the same time.
- Play tag – never goes out in style with younger kids.
- Do you have something that you enjoy doing the most with your kids? Please post here.
About the Author:
Tajinder Singh Sidhu is a Founder and Director at Learnhive. He has over 20 years of experience in various leadership roles designing and managing complex technology solutions. Prior to Learnhive, he worked for over 14 years at Goldman Sachs in New York. He holds a BTech degree in Computer Science & Engg from IIT, Delhi, and a Master’s in Computer Science from College of William & Mary, Virginia. He has taught students as part of the NSS scheme in India, and currently is a teacher with the Literacy Volunteers of America.
Learnhive is a leading provider of technology based learning solutions for K12 students, parents, and tutors. Our goal is to make curriculum based learning more effective and fun. We specialize in providing after school learning solutions for students and parents. Our flagship product, Personal Concept Tutor™ gives students the flexibility to learn concepts at their own pace using a wide variety of materials and resources suited for their individual needs. Our technology is compatible with multiple device formats such as desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones to make learning more fun, interactive and available to students anywhere and at anytime. Signup for free to access the learning materials (lessons and exercises).