Biology / Basic Biology - Genetics
- You all know that bricks are the building blocks of houses, similarly cells are the building blocks of living organisms. Cells are specialized in shapes to carry out special functions.
- Learn the structure of plant and animal cell, cell organelles and its functions.
- Cell division: process of formation of two or more daughter cells from a single mother. Types of cell division -
1)Mitosis - occurs in somatic cells results in the formation of two daughter cells which are identical to parent cell
2)meiosis - occurs in reproductive cells, results in the formation of 4 daughter cells, where each daughter cell is genetically different from parent cell
3)amitosis - division of nucleus.
Learn in detail about mitosis and meiosis i.e. the stages of mitosis and meiosis and its significance
- Learn about the cell cycle which undergoes different phases of division.
- Do you know how the characteristics of parent are inherited to child, that's by the work of chromosomes which contain the genetic material.
Learn about the structure of chromosome and DNA.
- Let us study about the gene-history of b and his laws and experiments conducted to prove the inheritance of genetic character from parent to offspring.
Also learn about sex-linked inheritance in man and Drosophila.
Genetics - SmartTest
A SmartTest on Genetics
Accessed by: 343 Students
- Average Time: 00:06:00
- Average Score: 56.71
- Questions: 21
- Variation in Population
- Sex Determination
- Genes and their Alleles
- Genotype and Phenotype
- Sex Linked Inheritance
- Mendel's Laws of Inheritance
- Review of Genetics
- Introduction to Genetics