Chemistry / Analytical Chemistry
Determination of chemical components in a given sample is called Analysis.
- Chemistry deals with two types of analysis : Quantitative analysis and Qualitative analysis.
Quantitative analysis involves determination of composition of a mixture while qualitative analysis involves identification of an unknown substance.
- When sodium hydroxide solution is added drop by drop to a solution of metallic salts, the metal hydroxide gets precipitated, the properties of the precipitate helps to analyze the metal present.
- Learn about more qualitative analysis methods in this module.
Analytical Chemistry - SmartTest
Accessed by: 249 Students
- Average Time: 00:03:22
- Average Score: 50.00
- Questions: 45
- Introduction to Analytical chemistry
- Action of Ammonium Hydroxide in salt solutions
- Action of Sodium Hydroxide in salt solutions
- Action of alkalis on metals