Mathematics / Similar Triangles
A triangle is one of the basic shapes of geometry. It is a polygon with 3 sides and 3 vertices/corners.
Two triangles are said to be similar if their angles are equal and their corresponding sides are proportional.
In order to prove that two triangles are similar, it is sufficient to prove either of the following conditions:
- AAA(Angle-Angle-Angle) - If 3 angles of the two triangles are correspondingly equal then the two triangles are similar
- AA(Angle-Angle) - If 2 angles of the two triangles are respectively equal then the two triangles are similar
- SSS(Side-Side-Side) - If the corresponding 3 sides of the two triangles are in proportion then the triangles are similar
Similar Triangles -- Smarttest
- Similar polygons and similar triangles
- Basic proportionality theorem
- Converse and corollaries of BPT
- AA and SSS criteria of similar triangles
- Proof of AA criteria of similar triangles
- Theorem on areas of similar triangles